Friday 16 March 2007

Village Duck House disappears!!

I pass the village pond every day, but recently it suddenly occurred to me that the Duck House had gone. It's in this picture I took a few weeks ago, but it's not there now and has been missing for at least a couple of weeks. It definitely looked in need of a bit of repair so I was hoping that some kind neighbour had taken it into care and was repairing it. Well, if this is the case, it hasn't yet returned.
Every spring we get visits from the ducks who like to spend time in our garden pond, sometimes it's just one, sometimes a courting couple, but often it's one poor duck pursued by several amorous drakes. Later she normally brings her off-spring to visit. Last year she had eight to start with but lost four before they fledged. Hopefully she will bring them this year and provide the opportunity for an ahhhh! picture.

2 comments:

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

I do hope theducks get their house back

Tony Morris said...

It's good news. I received a message from a village "blog reader", the house has gone for renovation and should reappear soon.