Sunday 29 July 2007

It seems that more Britons are going abroad for holidays this years, to get away from our dreadful summer. In St Margaret's we still seem to get our fair share of continental visitors and this evening in the Monument car park there were six camper vans settling down for a nights rest. As they all had German registrations, and considering where we were, I had to make a conscious effort to avoid a Faulty Towers moment as I said good evening to one family.
Of course, just like these two ponies in the paddock, mutal cooperation, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, is the ethos of 21st century Europe.

Over the other side of the Bay, at South Foreland Valley I watched the sun go down, as I looked over Wanstone Farm. These Thistles, Nettles and Hedge Parsley were nicely highlighted by the setting sun.

Across the valley the sun had just dropped behind Westcliffe and Wallet's Court.

No comments: