Wednesday 13 February 2008

Today was a gloomy day at St Margaret's with the fog only lifting briefly during the day. The High Street is still closed and the original notice indicated that it would be for a total of six weeks. It is difficult to judge but they seem to be getting on very well, with the deep trench already filled in. The workmen seem to have maintained a pretty high level of tidiness which is appreciated.
Going back to the beautiful weather of yesterday, iy was good to see so many people out enjoying the sunshine. From where they sat, this couple had a great view over the Abbey Gardens.

This is one of the 50 plus Moorhens feeding on the lawns, They took little notice of the sitting people but as soon as I tried to approach from the south, to keep the sun behind me, they scurried back to the water so that I couldn't cut off their retreat.

I quite liked this little Dachshund out for a walk. I don't think he really needed the coat but he looked rather smart. The always say owners and their dogs come to look alike. I've put the owner in the inset, so make up your own mind.

No comments: