Wednesday 12 March 2008

Red legs and Red wings

I decided to take a look at the Norman Church at Tilmanstone today, but I'll save that for a rainy day.
On the way through the village two Red-legged Partridges were running round in front of me. They didn't seem to know where to go and eventually one sat on the wall, before turning round and disappearing through the hedge opposite.

Just before Whitfield, along Singleledge Lane I came across a field with lots of feeding birds, and just for a change they weren't Wood Pigeons.

There were a lot of thrushes, mostly Fieldfares, about 50 and Redwings, probably slightly fewer but with a few Blackbirds as well as a good number of Chaffinches.

A one time the birds were slowly getting closer and I got a few almost reasonably pictures, but then the suddenly receded away from the road, and at first I didn't know the reason. I was surprised to find it was a runner pounding down the road. I was full of admiration for his effort in the very windy conditions, but disappointed that he chose that moment to come along.
This afternoon I couldn't resist a look at the sea. It wasn't quite as windy as two days ago but the sea looked beautiful in the sunlight. I can't resist photographing waves, it's a kind of addiction, I'm just glad I don't have to buy film!