Tuesday 12 August 2008

Big Wheels, Narrow Streets.

Traffic through the village in the summer gets quite busy at times, but when you get something as large as this crane coming along the High Street it can cause quite a jam. Fortunately all got sorted out quite quickly, but there were a lot of large vehicles around today. I noticed that the new house being built on Granville Road arrived in crates in three large lorries with trailers. It will be interesting to see it assembled.

At this time of year I can't resist looking on the straw bales to see what's perching on them. Last year I started a "Birds on Bales" unofficial series and though that this distant Kestrel made a nice addition.
I can't help it, I have to keep checking through the gull flocks that follow the tractors in the hope.... I quite liked this group, as well as the distant and out of focus Herring Gulls there's a Lesser Black-backed Gull, several Black-headed Gulls and three Mediterranean Gulls, one adult, one juvenile moulting into first winter and on still in very juvenile plumage.

No comments: