Thursday 2 April 2009

A deadly visitor.

I spend too much time watching out of my study window, instead of getting on with whatever I'm supposed to be doing. So when all the feeding birds disappear at speed I know that something is up.

Today's been a busy day on the feeders, lots of Greenfinches, Goldfinches and Chaffinches, a couple of Siskins making a return visit with Blue Tits, Great Tits and a Robin also in attendance. This must look like a fast food outlet to a Sparrowhawk, but we've made sure that there is plenty of cover for the feeding birds to dive into.
This small adult male arrived and sat in the tree right next to the house, and as I was trying to photograph it Jack phoned and Pam gave him a commentary of my antics, squeaking at it from the carefully opened window to get it to turn round. It worked and instead of just a back view I did get a couple of pictures of it turning its head, looking of the source of the squeak!

2 comments:

Warren Baker said...

you can keep it too Tony! My regular SH seems have popped it's clogs, must have been at least 7 years old!

Simon said...

Super photos Tony!