Tuesday 5 May 2009

Toad time.

The roadside bank along Upper Road just before the NT Car Park is a favourite place for wild flowers.

I must admit that I'm not 100% sure that the Cowslips are truly wild, and that they haven't had the seed distributed there by human intervention.

I wasn't sure if this group indicated the direction of the sun or of the prevailing wind, and it was pretty windy today. I tried to take my pictures in the lulls so that the flowers were at least half sharp.

Common Toad - Bufo bufo

Every year, at about this time Pam comes across a few Toads as she is gardening. We are both big fans of Toads, so she always tells me and I take yet another set of Toad pictures.

Just looking at this Toad reminds me of the performance of Toad of Toad Hall we saw at the National Theatre:
Badger: Do you mean to say you don't promise never to touch a motorcar again?
Toad: On the contrary! I faithfully promise that the first motor car I see...
[puts on his driving goggles]
Toad: Poop poop!
Can you imagine this Toad in driving goggles...............well try harder!

This evening was the AGM of the Parish Council. Above Councillor Brenda Paul, chair, gives her report of the years activities of the council. It was an informative evening and a little disappointing that so few parishioners attended. I had the honour of showing a few photos at the end of the meeting, to try and show why St Margaret's is such a special place to live in. I enjoyed the experience, probably because I like the sound of my own voice too much!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Never let it be said!!!

Tony Morris said...

Thanks Pat, I knew you'd understand!