Wednesday 13 May 2009

Too Many Cooks?

Most of today, at St Margaret's at least, was drizzly, misty and murky, but a phone call late this afternoon persuaded me to pay a visit to Bockhill Farm.

As well as this Spotted Flycatcher Phil has found a Wood Warbler and a Garden Warbler in the garden there. I got good views of the Wood Warbler high in the canopy, and the Spotted Flycatcher sat up periodically at the top of the trees and posed for a distant picture. I didn't find the Garden Warbler, but I'm sure there will be more.

This evening we went to see a cooking challenge between the After School Club and Portal House, as part of a fund raiser for the after school club.

After a demonstration (and a bit of sales talk) a plateful of "Rollo Cookies" followed by a batch of Yorkshire Puds went into the oven.

Then it was down to business ans the Portal House team read their instructions and prepared to get down work.
A confident After School Club team sorted out the tasks for their pizza.

We'd been told how sharp all the knives were, so everyone watched Phil, from Portal House chopping vegetables, anyone finding a finger tip in their supper will know where it came from!

The After School team look pretty confidently at their creation.

A rather more quizzical look from the cooks of Portal House, but I'm sure they they did know what they were doing.

The watching audience gave a show of hands at the end, but I was intent on photographing the teams and didn't see the result properly. I think the After School Club won (let me know if I'm wrong).

No comments: