Thursday 9 July 2009

Dental Sparrow

Yesterday was not a good day for me. I didn't accomplish much and still by the end of the day I was tired enough to fall asleep in front of the television and wake up at about 1 a.m.

After a round trip to Walthamstow in the morning, the pick up Simon and Sam, I got home to find Pam in agony and in need of an emergency dentist. She tracked on down at Ashford with time to see here and my driving duties extended into the afternoon. Sitting in the car park in Parsonage Lane, Ashford, there was little to watch so I was pleased to see a group of House Sparrows using the hedge. I always have my camera and managed of couple of pictures of this cheeky chap.

After the dreadful decline in House Sparrow populations it was good to see this handsome Cock Sparrow on the middle of a town. I don't know how ling this will continues, but our cities will be much poorer without this icon of urban life.

No comments: