Friday 29 January 2010

Green Beans

The Green Woodpecker spent more time digging up the grass today. At one time it went on to the "waterfall" and I hoped that it would have a proper bath which would give me a chance of some good pictures.

I don't know what it was but something spooked it and it flew off to do some gardening over the fence.

I had another look at the Bean Goose at Walmer. It was quite a lot closer than yesterday and I couldn't rests some more photos.

Bean Goose at Walmer

Bean Goose at Walmer

Bean Goose at Walmer

Bean Goose at Walmer

Bean Goose at Walmer

When I finally felt that I couldn't do any better I went onto Worth where the three Bean Geese were still on show, but further away than yesterday, and then onto the Rest harrow Scrape. It was bitterly cold with the wind coming from the north. Most of the Ducks were sheltering but a pair of Tufties were out diving and a pair of Shelducks were dabbling. This handsome Pied Wagtail searched for tit bits along the waters edge.

No comments: