Thursday 13 October 2011

Don't believe all you hear.

Moths have actually made the news this week, both on the TV and Radio. Stories of all the rarities blown in from Europe haven't quite equated to what's happened here!

Pearly Underwing

My only migrants of the last couple of days have been a few Silver Y's and a Pearly Underwing (one of the commoner wanderers). Other than that I've had a selection, in small numbers of typical resident autumn moths. In addition to those featured in the last week or so are:

Mallow

Sallow

Feathered Thorn

Green-brindled Crescent

The Brick

Red-lined Quaker

1 comment:

Wellsy said...

Thanks Tony - there were 2 Mallows in my trap yesterday morning and I was unable to ident them, now I found them easily!!
Am still trying to find out why emails bounce
Peter