Friday 7 October 2016

Miss some, photo the others

Today was as much about what I failed to photograph as what I managed to photograph. After watching and photographing a Chiffchaff  playing in the fountain, I was messing with the computer while half watching England bowling at Bangladesh in the ODI, when I had a quick look out side andf theer was a male Brambling feeding on the ground. By the time I'd got my camera it had moved on, not to be seen again. From where I was "working" I can seen the little waterfall that goes into out pond, and a few minutes later I looked up, saw a very small bird drop down into the bathing pool, and grabbed my binoculars and was pleased to see a stunning Firecrest. Of course by the time I had my camera it had gone, and it didn't reappear. I did take a few pictures of the comings and goings, mainly of the hundred or so Goldfinches feeding outside the lounge.

Chiffchaff 

 Chiffchaff 

Chiffchaff 

 Chaffinch

 Goldfinches

  Goldfinches

 Blue Tit and Robin

 Wren

Robin and Goldfinch

No comments: