The original Village hall was burnt down in 1909 during the night of Aug 11th and was rebuilt the following year. After various additions and refurbishments, in 1999, it was decided that it was no longer safe and in the year 2000 a project was set up to raise funds for a new hall. With the help of the National Lottery enough funds were raised and demolition of the old hall commenced on 24th march 2001. Both Sir Peter Ustinov and Miriam Margolyes, who have long associations with the village, hosted functions to raise money for the hall and Sir Peter performed the official opening on Feb 9th 2002.
It think that it as a tremendous amenity for a small village and congratulate the organisation that runs the hall. Each year it is used by the St Margaret's Players for their productions and pictures of their last panto, Sinbad the Sailor.