Monday 28 January 2008

Dead Calm

You're going to have to trust me on this, the Great Spotted Woodpecker from yesterday was a female because it didn't have any red on the nape, not that you could see in the photo.

Today this male came and fed on the closest peanut feeder, not one it normally uses, but it gave the opportunity to see the bright red on the back of its head.

I never seem to get the picture that I want of a Goldfinch, but I quite liked this one on the Pampas Grass, it a pity it wasn't collecting it, a beak full would have looked good.

I had to go to Deal this afternoon and I don't think that I have ever seen a calmer sea.

There was hardly a ripple as the sea met the shingle beach.

We tried out some new (to me) technology over the last couple of days.Skype has meant that I was able to chat to my middle son Robert face to face although he's about 1200 miles away in Brisbane, Australia
On the other hand it wasn't quite so good to see Sam in Walthamstow, but I think this is because they need a bigger light bulb! The only problem I had was the the sound from my end wasn't to good and I've had to upgrade my broadband speed, but to be able to chat direct to Australia, with pictures, for free is quite an advance.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Oh the wonders of technology. This is great.