Saturday 1 August 2009

Proper Cricket but no pyjamas

After a sorting out my moths (a good number this morning) and a quick look round I decided to have a look at Kent playing Derbyshre, in a more traditional form of the game. Gone were they pyjamas, and back were the cricket whites.


Kent had a terrible morning loosing five wickets for about 85 runs, Justin Kemp being out on the stroke of lunch. Kents perilous position didn't prevent the crowd enjoying the break.

I don't think the Essex police were interested in the Cricket, and it couldn't be me they were looking for, I paid that speeding fine ages ago, honest!

Tredwell and McLaren put on 58 after lunch before Mc Laren became Graham Wags fourth victim. Parnells' wicket gave him five but it needed a spectacular catch by ex-Kent "laonee" Stephan Jones to do it for him. Then upto tea Tredders and Cook put on a unbeaten 48.

Despite his reputation as being a bit of a stodgy batsman James Tredwell played some handsome strokes and was 67 not out at Tea. The tea and cakes were so good they failed to take the field after the interval.
Of the moths I caught his morning ths Gold Spot was the most spectacular.

No comments: