Tuesday 19 October 2010

A bit of stealth

I was just ready to go to bed when I saw a Badger arrive on the patio. I took a couple of pictures through the glass window, but neither were great, each showing a bit of reflection.

The Badger, and I'm not sure if it was an old friend or not, seemed very content and I gently unlocked the door. He certainly heard the noise and stopped and looked for a couple of seconds, before continuing to eat. I slowly slid the door open enough to get my camera through the gap. As can be seen above he carried on feeding, not even reacting to the flash.

I watched him until he'd finished and he really didn't seem to be aware of me just five feet away. He was a hefty lump. I think that they put on weight to get them through the harder times during winter.

2 comments:

Marc Heath said...

Lovely shots Tony, must be great having these in the garden, very jealous!!

Eagleseagles said...

Tony - I am so jealous!

Great photo's and what a wonderful visitor to your garden!

Corinna