Sunday 2 March 2014

Back in the Moth Trap routine

I  read somewhere, on one of the mothing groups on the WEB that now was the time to get the moth trap going, if you weren't already in the swing. I wasn't convinced, but the writer was suggesting the possibility of some interesting migrants being blown to our shores, and since I can see France from the top window I thought that I'd better get going.

The moth trap has now been running for seven nights and there is some symetry in the results. Nothing, a Hebrew Character, nothing, a Common Quaker, nothing, a Hebrew Character, and nothing.
Judging by the revolting weather currently imposing itself on the garden tonight will break the pattern with another out of sequence nothing.

The first Hebrew Character of the year.

The first Common Quaker of the year.

No comments: