Wednesday 28 May 2014

One back one on its way!

I sent my 100-400mm Canon lens to Canon for an overhaul on April 22nd and today it arrived back. Normally Canon are pretty prompt with their repairs but this time I've been waiting and waiting. Evidently they've been waiting for a part to arrive. I realised all was not well with the lens a while ago, but when I got back from our trip to Islay I hardly had a picture worth keeping. Judging by the size of the bill and the long list of replaced parts, the fact that I'd got anything was probably remarkable in itself. Today the bell rang and I took delivery of the long awaited item. I didn't really get a chance to try out the rejuvenated lens today, such was the weather, so I contented myself with the Dunnock outside the lounge. The wind had dropped enough to allow the sliding door to be open.

 
At the moment the garden is alive with young birds and Dunnocks are prominent amongst them.  I haven't worked out how many pairs there are around, but I'm pretty sure that it's at least three.

This poor chap has a growth on its leg, I've seen these before, particularly when watching ringing of Chaffinches that seem particularly susceptible to this sort of canker.

Now I've got my lens back I'm now waiting for the return of my binoculars from Swarovski. After about ten years of use and abuse I finally decided that they deserved an MOT. I know that they are now on their way back and I'm really looking forward to being reunited with them. It is impossible to overestimate how important these two items are to me and how impotent I've felt for the past few weeks with out them!

No comments: