Thursday 4 February 2016

Bigging up our garden birds.

I've been spending time going through the photos I took in Paraguay. Yes, I'm miles behind, but hopefully now catching up a bit. As I was looking at some of the spectacular birds that South America offers my attention wavered and I looked out of the window at the birds coming into feed outside my study. The light was horrible, but I managed a few pictures, that perhaps remind me that our garden birds are stunning in their own right.

Great Tit

Great Tit

Chaffinch

Chaffinch

Goldfinch

Goldfinch

Goldfinch

2 comments:

Derek Faulkner said...

Which goes to show that Paraguay isn't the only place with spectacular birds.

Tony Morris said...

That was my point Derek, but I do love the Hummingbirds in South America, which isn't one of Paraguay's strengths.Eight species of Owls and of Nighjars was pretty good though.