Tuesday 5 April 2016

Ancient Celebration

On Saturday I reach the milestone of 73 years, I say milestone because at this age each one is worth noting. I spent a great time with Simon, my youngest son, visiting the RSPB Reserve at Rainham. This was my first visit to the new reserve, although I had been there in the old days, before it was a reserve. 


Brimstone Yellow Butterfly


Male Reed Bunting



Male Reed Bunting

Blue Tit on one of the bird tables at Rainham.


Marsh Frog


Male Kingfisher


Male Kingfisher


red Kite


Common Lizard 


Common Lizard 


 Later in the afternoon we visited Thurrock Thameside Nature Park, an Essex Wildlife Trust Reserve. As the tide was out the waders were a good distance away, but this reserve is looking good and will almost certainly attract some good birds and many birders.


Thurrock Thameside Nature Park visitor centre

Mucking Bay Thurrock Thameside Nature Park


River Thames from Thurrock Thameside Nature Park, with Kent in the background.


Looking out to sea from Thurrock Thameside Nature Park 

No comments: